Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Walking for Health


With the exception of Monday I continue my lunch break walks, as I have told you before it is a 2-mile walk around my workplace. It was taking me 45 minutes to do it, then 40 and yesterday it only took me 30 minutes. I believe 30 minutes will be my best time unless I walk a little slower.

I feel no different, I look no different, but I hear it will make a difference in my health so until it gets hot, and believe me it will get hot after all this is Phoenix, I will continue to walk. It's fun and it's good for me.

I usually take my camera with me just in case I see something interesting to photograph. Because it rained during the weekend and on Monday there were a lot of water puddles all over the place. I took a picture of some of them, here's one of them, to make this interesting I am posting the picture twice.




I have a walking trail right behind my house and I don't get to use it. It is a rather enjoyable trail with nice view that follows the perimeter of the lake. You get to see other peoples backyards, you see ducks, pelicans, cranes, and a lot of different types of birds either flying around or swimming in the lake. Mi chica and I have walked it on occasion but for the most part we don't use it. I will try to make it a point to use it more often.



Now if anyone wants to spare me all this walking just be nice and give me a year membership for the gym. Now that would be the ticket.

7 comments:

Mel said...

walking is the best exercise ever! I wish I could walk more LOL

LOVE that puddle pic

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I love the reflecting shot Jose...great!

Jose said...

mel - I feel good after my walk, except today my legs were hurting a little.

I liked the way the tree looked in the puddle, it is sort of a cool picture.

mushy - Me too.

Chely said...

LOOOOOOOOVE the picture with the tree in the puddle! Great special effect too!

Don't forget to walk today!!! Yo te hecho PORRAS=D

Besitos,

Jose said...

chely - no se me olvida, solo el Lunes no camine porque llovio todo el dia. Echame las porras pues.

Mónica said...

José... que suerte que me encontraste en el blog de wanda... vendré seguido a visitarte...
Me gustó conocerte y conocer a tu familia.

Bsss. Nos vemos.

Jose said...

monica - Gracias por la visita, espero regreses. Por alla estare en cine cuentos

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants