Monday, January 21, 2008

Walking Report

I am happy to report that I have continued with my 2-mile walk during my lunch hour. Have I lost any weight? I don't know but my legs are gaining muscle and probably getting stronger. The weather is wonderful here so that's not even a problem. It takes me half an hour to do the two miles. I think that's pretty good.

I think that maybe if I had some sort of a diet then it would reflect on the weight but I don't see any diets in my immediate future either. I said this before and I'll say it again, "mi chica" and my mom are both great cooks. Remember the phrase "Of you build it, they will come", well if they cook it, I will eat. Here's a good example, yesterday I ate a shrimp cocktail in the afternoon, then another one before dinner, and the sirloin steak. Hummmm steak!

So as long as I keep walking I think I'll be OK.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job on the walking..that rocks!

Jose said...

amy - I'm trying hopefuly it will help.

SCANjolina said...

I think what you are doing is GREAT! Maybe I'll get that motivated, too!

And yeah, I don't think you are overweight, so I really think just the walking will be fine. How can you resist good cooks! LOL

What an interesting perspective you wrote on my blog. Here I am trying to get mine to move out, yet in another culture, they'd better NOT move out. Wow.

Mel said...

Walking really is the best exercise ever! Good for you!

Jose said...

scamjolina - I do feel better now that I'm walking but I need to lose a few pounds too. I am getting a little chunky. lol

As for the moving out, it is true. We were the same with our three kids. Finally after all these years we are finally alone mi chica and I.

mel - thanks, I'll probably keep up with it up until it gets too hot to walk.

Erin said...

2 miles in a half hour is great!! You'll lose weight if you keep it up, it would be hard for me to pass up that kind of food so I can completely understand you not going on a diet :

Jose said...

ec - I knew you would understand my predicament, I just can't say no to good food. lol

MrManuel said...

As long as you feel better, that is the ticket....

Jose said...

mrmanuel - True that.

Wanda said...

Hey that's great Jose. I've had a terrible head cold for a couple days, and really behind on all my blogging....I'm so sorry to report my walking has failed for a while with the weather.

I really need to get back with it, and you are a great encouragement!!

Go Jose...... LOL:)

Jose said...

You know as soon as it gets hot my walking stops. It gets too hot here. You'll have to pick up your walking in Soothern California now.

Joyce said...

Walking 4 mph is great! I get on the treadmill at Snap Fitness and I do a level 4 incline at 3 mph and it about kills me! I go for 30 min also.

Jose said...

joyce - I hear ya, at 48 the impact on my legs is more noticeable. At least walking outside I get to see the sights.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants