Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Top 20

Last week I hit it right on the nose with my bottom two predictions for the girls. The guys came close and yet both of my bottom two are still alive. Let's see how I do this week.

Once again, the guys pulled through and did a heck of a job. Other than Danny Noriega whom I can't stand and Jason Yeager whom I think is kindda boring (count them as my bottom two) I once again will keep:


David Hernandez, "mi chica" picked him without even knowing he is from Glendale, Arizona. She said she really liked the way he sang and I too think he did really good. I think he has a good shot at advancing to next week. I'm telling you we need those parties at Westgate as they had them for Jordin last year. Fun, fun, fun.


But if what I saw last night is any indication of what is to come, then David Archuleta is clearly establishing himself as the favorite amongst male voters, definitely has the granny and mom vote, and totally having the girls scream to no end I think it's safe to assume he has the girl vote. For the second week in a row, he is my #1 pick to be our nest AI.

I'll be back with the girls in about an hour or two after they come out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


OK, I am back and let me tell you the girls were all good but if some must go I have to pick both Alaina (I look like Carrie Underwood) Whitaker, and Kady Malloy. My favorite did not wow me tonight but she will go through so the two I really liked tonight have to be:



Brooke White may not have a chance to go all the way as I don't think she will build a big fan base but tonight she did great and I truly hope she goes on to next week.



I am not a fan of Whitney Houston or Celine Dion, nope don't like them but I am a fan of Asia'h Epperson and even though she took on a Celine Dion and I thought to myself "Why did she have to go and do that?" She is such a great singer that tonight she was my favorite.

So there you have it, that is American Idol as I saw it this week. I wonder who your favorites are?

11 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I think your picks are right on, although I have high hopes for the rocker dude!

My rocker chick blew it tonight but Carley is coming on very strong for me.

Chely said...

I'm with you on most of your picks. But don't let April hear you talk bad about Danny Noriega, he's her FAVORITE.

Sha wants to be his best friend.

David and Asia'h are my pics for top 2 contenders.

However, David is AMAZING!!!

Mel said...

I really like Carley for the girls and I predict Amanda will go home. Will someone please tell her her hair makes her look like she is 43 not 23!?? I agree with you Brooke did an amazing job last night!

I really don't have a favorite for the boys but I don't get why the judges were so wowed by David, I hated his version of Imagine.

Annie said...

I don't know about any of these artists but I will say, Youth is Beauty!

Michelle said...

Hey leave Danny Noriega alone! I like him! He's not worse than Sanjaya and you liked him last season and me and Nichole HATED him! At least Danny can sing!

But I think my top three are David A., David H., and Chekezie... with Danny right behind them.

As for the girls I don't care for asia'h... I'm trying to like her but I can't. I like Carly. But the girl who sang the Carly Simon song... did good this week.

Michelle said...

Oh and Amber from the knot... Knows David H... she used to be one of his backup dancers and is still very good friends with him.

Jose said...

mushy - I too hope the rocker guy makes it to top 12, Carly is really good, she was once a pro already but flopped so she is not really raw talent. She does sing great though and will probably be top 12.

chely - April, April, April, what are you thinking. lol Il Divo can be quite annoying, he is lucky though as he was picked up by vote for the worse so I assume he will go far. As for David, not only he can sign but is very likeable. Yep, definitely top choice two weeks in a row for me.

mel - Amanda didn't do too good last night but I think she needs to stay, people do love to rock and she rocks, besides us bikers need to stick together and support eachother. She really looks good riding her sporty. I agree, she needs a makeover,the blond streaks in front have to go. Mel, how can you not like David Archuleta, that kids sings great and has an all American personality. He is so humble and so far I have not seen that the accolades are going to his head. For his age he is very much doing the right thing to conquer the popular vote. He will go far. Oh, his rendition of "Imagine" was just awesome. Carly is good but the controversy is that she already recorded with a major label and flopped. She recorded under her maiden name.

annie - That's the whole point of this competition, to be an unknown and to become a huge start.

michelle - Danny Noriega? What are you thinking, he is not even related so don't show solidarity to the name. lol Sanjaya was not the best singer but he was definitely likeable, this "guy" lol can sing but is like annoying to watch.

michelle - David Hernandez is a graduate of Westview High School,I just don't know waht class. I bet you didn't know that. I am hoping he'll make top 12.

Wanda said...

I really like reading your reviews, Jose...I'm pretty close with your choices.

Jose said...

Thank you Wanda, well last week I guessed both girls but not the boys, this week I went one for one. I knew Alaina would go but somehow I though she would advance and Kady would go but it was the other way around. Poor thing cried so much.

Anonymous said...

Um Excuse you mister. Don't hate Tio, just because Danny's fierce.


http://i29.tinypic.com/o88f2a.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/2884gae.jpg

YOU LOVE IT.


--April-face

Jose said...

LOL - I didn't say I hate him I said he annoys the heck out of me. I was cracking up when Simon told him if he could talk without shaking his head and then you send me that link. I started laughing all over again. I don't think he has a shot to win, not even close but alas he has been picked by vote for the worse and that may just help him to go further or even make top 12. Grrrrr! I will have to put up with looking at his terrified face everytime they are calling for the bottom two.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants