Monday, March 03, 2008

The Foot Spa

So now that the kids are all on their own "mi chica" and I find ourselves doing things together that I normally would not have done when they were with us. For example she tells me I am going to go get my nails done. In the past it would have been have fun and see ya later baby! She would have invited one of the girls or both and off they were, but now it's like do you want to come with. Sure, I'll go with you, and off we went together to her her nails done.

Yesterday we were on our computers and all of a sudden she asked if I wanted to go with her to get a pedicure, she actually asked me if I wanted one to which I politely declined. I of course agreed to go with her so off we went to this new place in the neighborhood. We got there and they took her in right away, if you ever go to a nail place there is always one man and the rest are all women, I think every nail place has the guy running the show while the women just work there, at least that's what it looks like.

So anyway, this guy says to "mi chica" go right ahead and then he tells me I can go and sit next to her while she gets her pedicure, and tells me that I can get a massage in the chair. Are you kiddin', I was there adjusting the controls faster than he could say sit down. Her pedicure took about an hour from beginning to end, she said it was the best pedicure she had gotten in a long time and said was going to be worttevery penny. While we sat there they even brought us bottled water, wow now that's service.

So for a whole hour I enjoyed sitting on the chair next to her getting my back massage, the lady kindda convinced me that the next time I get the full treatment and guess what? I am considering it.

The perks for me are after we do this little things for her because then "mi chica" takes me to eat somewhere, we did the Mexican tacos again and then we went back home to enjoy the rest of our Sunday.

Do we miss the kids, yes. But we don't get bored. As a bonus my daughter Nichole brought "Ducky" to us Saturday night and he spent the night with us. He was ready to go back to his mommy Sunday morning but he too enjoys his stays with the grand parents.

7 comments:

Chely said...

Awwww, que tierno:)

That sounds very relaxing to me. I know these kind of things to some may sound out-of-the-ordinary but you can not know it until you try it.

You know what? I've never had a pedicure in my life! I am very tickelish but after reading this post, I'm conciderin it.

I do highly recommend for you to get a full body massage one of these days. It is AWESOME!

You and "your chica" are very blessed to have each other:)

You've always been great role models for me.

May you continue to savor each other's company for a long, long time.

Besitos,

Michelle said...

Aww Daddy! You should have gotten a pedicure they are the best! I have been trying to convince Jr but he has a foot phobia, he doens't like anyone touching his feet. Now JUAN... all I have to say is do you want to get a pedicure with me and he's out the door faster than if you say "Juan I made dinner!" He's awesome!

Mel said...

I love the massage chair!

Anonymous said...

You have saved yourself many beatings my friend! LOL - IM KIDDING! I am impressed you do go and do stuff like that with your wife. BRAVO!

I finally updated my blog today. Had a pleasant visit with my grandkids.

Have a good day, Joe

Wanda said...

You go Jose ~ next time you better get a pedicure ~~ you will be hooked!

I love to get my feet done -- it's not a luxury, it's a necessity!!
Starbucks and pedicures - my two vices~!

Erin said...

An hour pedicure? Sounds like absolute heaven!!! You shoudl do it next time - and take pictures!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I am just really excited and happy that Joe will go with me everywhere I want to go. I was not "pushy" about him getting a pedicure however, I think that he will come around.

Chely, we are enjoying ourselves more so than when we were young, which I would have NEVER thought that we could have MORE fun than back in the time that we danced so much. And I feel very are blessed!

Love, Sylvia

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants