Monday, March 10, 2008

Top 12

Rosy O'Donnel basically tells Danny Noriega I feel sorry for your butt. Come on a cruise and I'll pay for it and you can even sing with Cindy Lauper. I like you. Well so did many people including my niece and my daughter but honestly he was no match for the other contestants. I'm sorry but he needed to be out for this contest to be serious. The big surprise which I totally was not expecting was for Asiah to be eliminated, it just didn't make sense to me. I like the top twelve all of them but there is one there that I feel doesn't belong. If I am correct she will be the first or second to be eliminated.

OK, I'll be back tonight with my thoughts on the top twelve, and I'll give you my predictions as to who will be leaving tomorrow. I'll tell you right now, it's going to be a popularity contest for most of them to advance. David Archuleta and Ramiele would have to really mess up for them to slide out of their top rankings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So it was a two hour show, one by one all twelve contestants gave their best renditions of The Beatles music and me not being a Beatles fan didn't care for the music, but I did care to see how each one did. I had predicted earlier that based on popularity Chikezie would be the first to go but then he comes second and has one of the best performances of the night. I had predicted that someone that should not have been top 12 would be first or second to be eliminated, yes I am talking about Kristy Lee Cook, well after yesterday's performance I think there is a really good chance that may happen.

I also said that David Archuleta and Ramiele would have to mess up real bad to slide off their good standings. Well, just to show you that anything can happen, remember Branden Rogers last year, he forgot the lyrics on his very first performance and thus was the first to leave. I really don't think that will happen to David Archuleta but this I know, from now on he will have to have nothing but flawless performances in order for him to win back his top contender status. As for Ramiele, I think she did great but she did play it too safe therefore not impressing the judges. That's OK she still impressed me and I think she is still top notch.

I am still rooting for David Hernandez and Brooke White as both of them are from my home town. I don't think they have a chance to go all the way but I hope they go further into the competition. I think Brooke will go further than David though.

So here it is my favorite performance of the whole night considering I am not a Beatles fan.



And my pick to leave the show tonight is, Kristy Lee Cook... but she may just beat David Hernandez. So we'll just have to wait and see.

12 comments:

Elena said...

Este chavo Noriega como dicen por ahí -ni fu, ni fa- pero que Asiah la hayan sacado es ridiculo. una de las mejores voces y una gran precencia. No cabe duda que la gente apoya lo bonito y no el talenta. Es una lástima porque supuestamente este tipo de programas era para darle oportunidad al verdadero talento. Ovbio es que no es así. "trrruuuf' (trompetilla aguada para ellos).

Erin said...

I'm just so bummed that it is almost all professional singers. 5 of the 12 have had some sort of stage experience... it takes all the fun out of it for me!

Chely said...

I was bumbed to find out that Asiah was not chosen as one of the Top 12. I too felt that Kristy Lee Cook was given her place unfairly.

Chikezie impressed me last night. He is not one of my top favorites but I enjoyed his performance & arrangement of the song.

I think you "jinxed" Archuleta & Ramiele. They are two of my favorites. Ramiele played it too safe & needs to step-it-up now.

I hope Archuleta's fans keep him in so that he can prove to us, just what he can do.

Now, I must admit that I kind-a liked the rythm that Kristy Lee used for her song. I could definitely visualize myself dancing the steps of "El Payaso del Rodeo" to this song. LOL - I only felt, they should have slowed it down, just a-little-bit & she should have performed it a little more.

Now, I won't be home tonight to watch the elimination show. So I'm counting on you to keep me updated tomorrow morning:)

Jose said...

elena - Lo bueno es que Danny fue eliminado, lo malo es que Asiah tambien. Ella merecia avanzar mas.

ec - My top picks are all rookies, I don't care much for Carlie. I still love the show, it's very addicting.

chely - I'll keep you posted.

Michelle said...

I agree with everything you said. I also liked David Cook's performance. But I like Carly too.

I think Kristy Lee is definately out. Jr heard her last night as said "How did she make top 12?!" Haha.

Jose said...

michelle - How funny because I don't care for either of them. As for Kristy, Jr asked how she made it, has he seen her. She is pretty, lol and she can sing, but not as good as the rest. Just my oppinion. I still say she has a chance of beating David H.

Anonymous said...

Rosie gives Danny love because he deserves love~


http://i31.tinypic.com/fmic77.jpg



-April

Jose said...

April - LOL, I'll save my love for you, him I'll just pick on. he, he, he.

Anonymous said...

Man Tio! You really did jynx "La Chuleta" as mom stated once...while we were really really hungry haha

As for the show...the judges need to stop with their "fighting" (cause it's all for show) and remember there's a competition of singing going on! Not a competition of who comes out with the last (lame) word!

Jose said...

crystal - I did, didn't I? I didn't mean to I swear. He's still my favorite but now weather he picks the right song or not he has to be as perfect as he can.

If you open up your mind and tell yourself it's all for show you'll come to enjoy the fights between Brian and Simon. I think they are hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Ryan tio...not Brian...

COME ON! YOU'RE THE AI FAN!

Jose said...

Je, je, je. Just checking to see if you are paying attention. Actually my brain registered Ryan and my fast fingers typed Brian. They must have a brain of their own. lol

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants