Thursday, March 13, 2008

Speed Racer - Meteoro


This is just a tease, write up to follow maybe later tonight but in the meantime check this out. This was my favorite cartoon when I was a little kid of six or seven years old. I am now 48 and they are coming out with a movie. As Mr Manuel says, good or bad I am going to go see this as soon as it comes out. How about a date mi chica, are you game?

src='http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/fop/embedflv/swf/fop.swf' width='350' height='280' name='yfop' allowScriptAccess='always' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' flashvars='id=6948682' />


CLICK HERE for a different trailer.


OK, I am happy, for once I saw a winning game as the Phoenix Suns spanked the Golden State Warriors in a loud and exciting game last night. So now back to my post.

I remember being a young kid in Mexico and as any kid I used to love cartoons. Back then the "Looney Toones" were it but there were two huge cartoon shows (we called them cartoons not anime). One was Kimba el leoncito blanco (Kimba the white lion) and the second was Meteoro (Speed Racer). It was the second one that was a favorite of mine. What kid wouldn't fall in love with a car that did all those thing that the Mack 5 did. This car was a visualization of the future, it was total make believe and that's what made the show so fascinating. See back in those days we didn't know anything about K.I.T.T. or The General Lee. The Mack 5 was a car totally ahead of it's time. If you think about it Night Rider borrowed the idea of having a smart car from the Mach 5.

And so, Speed Racer, Trixie, Racer "X", Mom and Pops Racer, Sparky, and Chim Chim make their way to the big screen in a mixture of live action and digital animation. I really want to see this movie if at all for the sake of reminiscing and going back to my childhood.

Did anyone out there grew up watching this show and dreaming of owning a car like the Mack 5?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw tio, the HTML code didn't work. Try just pasting the link. Though, lol I've seen the trailer for it and I remember watching it when I was younger too. I don't know if I want to watch the movie yet lol. I probably will eventually

Chely said...

Hey! I remember when I used to watched this cartoon in Mexico. It was METEORO or METEORITO, somenthing like that.

As I watched the trailer, I had to smile at the tricks that the car does. I was tripping out at how they included these on this movie. It looks like "a trip".

Well, I hope that your Chica accepts your invitation. I know you guys will make an adventure of it:)

Besitos,

Jose said...

april - First of all I am happy you are visiting my blog more often, if I have to keep bashing Danny Noriega just to make you come here, I will. lol Yeah, this show has survived a couple of generations already. I was thrilled when I hear a movie was coming.

chely - It was called "Meteoro" and we used to sit and watch it in our 18" B&W tv.

Wanda said...

Jose ~~ the grey in your beard is deceiving ~~ Today I find out you are just a child at 48 ~~ only a couple years older than my oldest daughter.
Suddenly, I feeling my age. Not really I'm a "young" 67.

And yes, Speed Racer was a favorite of my son Myk.

Elena said...

La verdad es que llevándote muchos años, (cinco) recuerdo que los niños se volvían locos por ese tal Meteoro, especialmente tú, pero no recuerdo haberme sentado a verlo nunca, asi es que no me emociona, pero si me alegro por tí que eras su fan #1.

Michelle said...

I remember watching it when I was little too... but I don't recall a whole lot about it... except maybe the theme song. LOL

On a sidenote: There will be "Speed Racer" gummy snacks in Diego's goodie bags tomorrow. Jazmine bought them and Diego thinks they're awesome.

Jose said...

wanda - You are a great 67, me with my bags under my eyes and my white beard already look over the hill. But you are right, at 48 I am still a kid... at heart. lol

elena - Si que era mi caricatura favorita, cuando comprabamos los carritos de plastico en el mercado para jugar carreterita todos queriamos ser el Mach 5.

michelle - I was maybe three years older than Diego is now when I used to watch Meteoro in Mexico. I hope the movie is at least decent since to me it will just bring me memories from when I was a kid but for Diego it could be a cool continuation from "Cars".

Michelle said...

I think Diego just likes cars in general. But the obsession with the "Cars" movie doesn't seem to be dying down anytime soon. I'm pretty sure he'll love to go see speed racer.

Wanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TLR said...

Hey that is what I nic named my car, not the Mach 5, but Speed Racer hehehe

Go Speed Racer, Go Speed Racer, Go

Jose said...

tlr - Your little Nissan a speed racer, he he he, now that is funny.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants