Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Juanito

My son and I have been blessed with a mutual respect for each other, I like him and he actually likes me, I love him and he loves me back. It's like we were meant for each other. I enjoy seeing him and like spending time together with him. This we haven't done as of late but at least we had a terrific day at the races two weeks ago. Yeap we are buddies, we are friends, but above all, we are father and son or son and father.

And yet we are so different and love to tease each other about it. Let me give you some examples:

He loves sports.
I hate sports.

He loves pizza
But for me it's tacos.

He'll watch the Super Bowl.
I'll watch the commercials.

He loves his teams.
I'm all for the cheer leaders.

He roots for the Raiders
Me, the Cardinals

He, The Bulls
Me, The Suns

He's a Chevy guy
I love Fords

Do you get the idea? We never seem to agree on anything, but you know what, that's absolutely fine with me. I love it that he developed his own mind, and did the things he wanted to do, I love to hear about his successes and will listen about his failures too. But above all I love that he knows he can count on me through think and thin and that we are and will be always here for him.

On Thursday my son reached a milestone as he turned 30 years old. I guess his two younger sisters got the best of it all as they both had their "Quinceaneara" party celebrations and he got zip, cero, nada. So today, the girls in his life headed by his mom and his wife along with his two sisters did their best to surprise him with his very own "Treintanero" party. He is getting his quinceanera party times two. lol

To know my son is to love him. He has the wackiest sence of humor. No one can go more that two minutes without laughing while around him, and his two sisters love him to death too. I trully am lucky and blessed to have him as a son and I know that this feeling I have is shared by many.

So, all of you out there in blogland if you so feel inclined to join me in singing a Happy Birthday song to him please be my guest and take the lead... What, you want me to lead? OK on three -- One, Two, Three:

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear mijo (Juan to the rest of you)
Happy birthday to you
and many more...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is THAT why Nichole sent me a pictures with Juan in a dress! LOL!!

This all makes sense to me now

Mel said...

happy belated birthday to the son :):)

Wanda said...

Hey I would get along great with your son !!! I love sports! But then, Jose I would get along with you, cause I love music and grandkids.

Chely said...

I thoroughly enjoy reading your expressions of Love.

Happy "BIG Three O" Juan=D

Where are the pictures????

Besitos,

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants