Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Say Goodbye To Brooke

If your name isn't David, each week could be your last. ----- Ginger Marks

Just as I suspected, a Broadway night had the potential to be a good night... or a nightmare for others as Brooke may attest. What a bad break for Brooke, to lose it right at the beginning was a blessing, it would have been worse to loose it in the middle once you past the point of no return.

Will America be as forgiving with Brooke as with David A. I don't think so. And yet to me Jason was totally awful (she may still get lucky). With such a huge Andrew Lloyd Webber library, David A, and Jason had to go and pick songs written for a female performer. "Memory" from "Cats" is a very pretty song but not for a guy, I know many of you may fight me on this but that's just me. So, there's no two ways about it, the fight for advancing to next week is Brooke vs. Jason.

David A. did good as usual but nothing out of the ordinary, I knew he would just breeze through next week. I have seen the movie "Jesus Christ Superstar" many times and in my mind I kept seeing "Judas" sing the song, is Carly the female Judas? (((lol))) I agree with whoever said she screamed a big part of the song. What is it about Carly that annoys me so much? I just can't get past a tattooed girl act like Paris Bennet, her innocent sounding "Thank You's" sound totally fake to me.

So that leaves my two favorite performances of the night. Syesha just blew me away with her interpretation of "One Rock & Roll Too Many" from Starlight Express. Not only she sang good but she looked the part too. My respect to the judges because they always try to steer us away from voting from her but last night there was nothing bad they could say about her. She was that good and I for one am happy she will at least be a top five, I think when all is said and done, she deserves to be #3.



David Cook sang one of my favorite songs from Phantom of the Opera "Music of the Night" and considering the song is very slow and could be considered boring for the competition, he sang the heck out of it and did enough to be my second favorite performer of the night. I must agree with America and accept that "homey" can sing.

4 comments:

Mel said...

I couldn't believe Brooke blew it like that! NOt crazy about her. But unlike you I really like Carly. I don't think she will win but she's my favorite so far. David A is the one that gets on my nerves.

I haven't forgotten the Meme, I am just thinking about it, its hard one LOL!

Jose said...

FROM VANE:

Here is my weekly review on Tuesday's Idol show...


Syesha Mercado: She looked and sounded like she was totally in her element... she did great, but in my opinion, she is not American Idol material.

David Archuleta: He did great, period, BUT! ... he has the most beautiful, clean voice... the only thing that worries me is that he is only 17, and he could easily outgrow this voice in a few years, and what will happen then? WIll it be just as good? or will it change and ruin his career? Still has my vote, but not my number one anymore...

Carly Smitshson: She is good, but I agree with you Tio, for some reason she's plateau and that's exactly what will happen with her CD sales.... She's really good, but that's about all she can give...

Chris Castro: BOMB! pobrecito, as much as I like him, cara de tonto and all... he was completely out of his element on this one, and he was not able to make it work... since it's coming down to who does better each night... it would be okay if he goes this week. sniff

Brook White: Bottom 3, again... definitely... She's done it twice, where she stops and starts again. They have a live band, or in last night case, orchestra! that could easily follow right along with her. The judges had told her not to do that already, also... so she has no excuse. Not one of my favorites anymore... she's actually has been going down hill for the past 3 or 4 weeks... Bye Bye Brooke!

David Cook: This guys continues to amaze me week after week. Like he said in his little interview before his song, he grew up doing musicals or something like that, so he had the experience... but who would have guessed it with his rocker image he's portrayed, since the get go... When he sang last night, I had never heard that song before, but he gave me goose bumps when he hit that high note... He is my number 1! Go David!

Love Vane

Jose said...

mel - Brooke had been boring for the past three weeks, I really think Kristy Lee Cook would have been better this week, but alas we'll never know. Carly is good but she annoys me big time.

David A. only crime is to have a pushy father, I have a feeling that just like in "Star Search" he will come second. Let's not punish him because he is young, he is very talented and probably the best singer, but not necessarily the best idol. (Does anyone remember what happened to Melinda Doolittle?)

Please let me know if you do the meme.

vane - I thought his name is Jason Castro. David A's voice is not going to leave him, it will stay with him and improve as he gets older. I really think that he needs to turn 18 and get away from his dad. I could totally be wrong but I think his dad is going to hurt him more than help him. According to the many articles, he is the stage dad from hell. He has used him as product and probably has hopes of him making it big and he is ready to cash in on his "investment". I hope I'm wrong but that's the feeling I get, David A. can't hide how nervous he gets during interviews.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Caution - Possible Spoiler Alert - David C. all the way!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants