Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Bye Bye Brooke, This Time For Real


Make Syesha our "numero tres" American Idol


So I got home and started watching AI, the recorded version. You know the one that you can skip commercials and advance all those unwanted pieces. I watched Jason's performance and was not surprised by it at all. Luckily I am not part of Jason's groupie club and still think he should have been gone before Carly and Michael but behold the power of the groupie vote. However I was totally surprised when Ryan called him first to let him know he was safe and sent him to the safety of the couch.

David Archuleta was good as always, why does he have act as if it a big surprise he is safe. David was my original favorite as he showed he was good from the very beginning, but David Cook slowly but surely kept stealing the show almost week after week, with this week being no exception. His second song was totally awesome without sounding too Neil Diamondish. So come on, no surprise there as he too is safe. Can anybody say David vs. David finals.

It all came down to my favorite girl Syesha. Week after week, the judges headed by Simon kept telling her how bad she was, and how America would give her the boot regardless of weather she had a good performance or not. I'm telling you she could have blown the roof of the auditorium and it would still be "I don't know dawg, it was not your best but it was sorta alright". Or "I didn't get it, didn't like it, sorry!". I am just happy she is still here, and will rally and will do anything and everything in my power to take her all the way to "numero tres". Syesha deserves to have the number three spot and she will get the number three spot.

I know Jason's time is getting close but I guess the senoritas are not ready to see him go. Syesha really sings nice but is missing that little something needed to really be an Idol and Brooke has been pretty boring the last three shows. I would say Syesha has the most chance to leave us this week although I would prefer it would be Brooke.

The above is a quote from my post last week. I couldn't have been more right, even if it's a week after I wrote it. Jason is still getting the senorita's votes and consequently continues to be safe even though he knows he isn't even a contender anymore, Syesha could have leave based on her not being popular with the judges and specially with Simon, but the truth is Brooke had been boring for the last four shows and tonight she cried her way out of the show as finally America got the vote right.

American Idol is about to end it's seventh season. Competition in the reality show arena is huge and even if the ratings dropped I am sure they still dominate. Randy, Paula, Simon, and Ryan along with all the contestants are the institution that we all know, watch, and love called American Idol.



Is it just me or are they molding David Cook to look like "The artist formerly known as Prince" . He does have that "Prince" stare and now with the hair and beard, he does look like him. Take a look at the video again and then tell me I'm wrong.

8 comments:

Chely said...

Yeay! Brook is no longer there!!!=D

OK, Jason is next.

I agree - David vs David with Sayesha in 3rd place:)

Jose said...

chely - Don't forget while casting a vote for your favorite David throw a few bones to Syesha. Let's make sure Jason does not go past next week. lol

Erin said...

We have the same opinion - I think Syesha is much better than they make her out to be! I was sick of Brooke and ready to see her go... and I'm not a fan of Jason or David A actually. David A has a good voice, but it is the SAME voice week after week. he doesn't do anything spectacular and he doesn't thrill me at all. But David Cook - now there is a singer!!

Michelle said...

I am starting to agree that although David A has a great voice... that's no secret... he's starting to bore me too. He sings so good and effortlessly... but it's getting old. HE's predictable and getting to the point where I wanna fast forward his performances. But David Cook is still my favorite by far! And Syesha is good. Jason is adorable but he needs to go now.

Jose said...

Well, I hope David A. has the same voice every week, otherwise he would be immitating. Remember Trenyce from season two, she used to sound as the person that actually performed the song. She was a heck of an imitator. David A.is only 17, how can he be getting old. Hummmmmm? I too am leaning more and more towards David C. but man it's going to be close.

Wanda said...

Your right on with your comments, Jose ~~ I love coming to see what you will say after I watch the show.

I really like David Cook ~ He rocks!

Jose said...

wanda - You are not the only one liking David Cook, it seems to me that nine out of ten peoplel I ask side on David Cook's side. Right now my only wish is for Syesha to be number three.

Anonymous said...

OMG Tio look at this!

http://i28.tinypic.com/2wr3tld.jpg

I laughed SO MUCH omg.

-April

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants