Friday, May 02, 2008

Circus Circus


what is better that any American Idol performance past, present, and future? Well, it you must know it was the First Graders performance of John Jacobsons and John Higgins' "Circus Circus".

Last Saturday when my granddaughters were here for their dad's 30th birthday celebration they told me they would be taking part in the school show and that they wanted me to attend.


Brianna and Tallynna


Last Wednesday as I was taking my mom to the market my phone rings and it was my granddaughter Brianna, she was calling me to remind me that the show would be the next day and to make sure that I be there by 6:00 p.m. Even though the show wouldn't start until 6:30 p.m. she just wanted us to have front row seats, and we did.

Well, Brianna and Tallynna gave the performance of their lives. I was amazed at how well they learned their lines and how well they acted their parts in the musical. First they kids sang "When The Circus Comes To Town" then a series of ring announcers said their lines. Tallynna happened to be announcer #6.



Tallynna was announcer #6

Then another fun song "Who Wants to Be the Ring Master" was sung by the whole class, followed by "The Mane Event". Then came announcer #14 better known to me as Brianna.



The funny thing is that I told "mi chica" Brianna is announcer #14. She kept saying these names I didn't know so I looked and I say "Here see, she is... Oh wait she is not announcer #14, but another announcer #14. Why in the heck didn't they just said she was announcer #15... Teachers!


Three more songs followed "Clowning Around, Sad Clown, and to close the show When the Circus Comes to Town".

To me there's nothing better than to go see my grand kids take part in such an event. I don't need a Randy, Paula, or Simon to tell me these kids have potential and that to them the sky is the limit.

And to end this post here's a treat from my granddaugher Brianna, she can sing "Bad Day" pretty good, but I doubt she has many of those herself. Please forgive the picture of me on the bike, I couldn't change it.

4 comments:

thomas said...

Dude, love the fastback mustang!

Chely said...

Yeap! Brianna defenitely takes after her abuelito=D

Cool!!!!

Erin said...

That's so wonderful! You must of had a great time seeing them!

Hey, by the way, I noticed the standings in MLB and the D-backs are actually leading the league right now!! Shocking isn't it :-)

GO SOX!!!!!!

Jose said...

bacchus - After so many years the fastback Mustangs are still hot items. But then again ALL MUSTANGS are hot looking.

chely - Yeah, she will be a great singer, she can already sing. When she comes to visit she now asks me to set the computer so she can sing and record herself.

ec - It was great seeing them perform and hearing them sing. They both love singing but Brianna the younger of the two just seems to be a natural.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants