Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Top 5

Yesterday my allergies were so bad and my eyes were so itchy that after I rubbed them a bit in hopes that the itch would stop. American Idol was only a minute or two away and I closed my eyes to relax them a little. Yeap, when I opened them it was five minutes to eight, I had totally missed the show. It was my night at my mom's so no DVR, I will see the recorded show this afternoon.

I have never really been a Neil Diamond fan but have heard pretty much most of his music. I mean, who doesn't know who Neil Diamond is. So unlike last week, I wasn't really all that excited but you know I don't miss Idol anyway. And to top it off they were singing two songs each. I don't know, 10 Neil Diamond songs in one hour, I just don't know about that.

So, since I didn't watch the show last night I am really trying to stay away from American Idol related sites. However, how can anyone escape the headline "Paula Abdul make biggest blunder ever". Paula amuses the heck out of me so I couldn't help but wonder "What did she do, or say now?". As it is, no one can understand half the things she says. But apparently she commented on Jason's two performances except Jason had only sang once at that point.

Don't I keep saying the voting system is rigged, this is just proof that no matter how the contestants do, the judges' critique is always pre-thought. Their job as judges is not to judge the performances but to convince us to vote for a particular contestant. I am just glad America didn't listen to them this season, otherwise Syesha, a favorite of mine would have been gone a long time ago.

So, due to the controversy I now can't wait to watch the show tonight. I have to watch it before the elimination show. I don't know how they did but I am really hoping Syesha makes it to next week. I still think that she deserves to be number three over all after all is said and done.

Jason and Brooke just didn't cut it for me. They are both out of their league, and even though Syesha took on huge songs by great singers before, at least she didn't butcher them.

In the end the David vs. David showdown will be one of the most even showdowns in American Idol history.

2 comments:

Chely said...

Yea, Paula is weird. When she was talking I was wondering..."What is she talking about? What did I miss."

I could tell that her brain was just not there. Pobresita.

So??? Did you laugh? What did you think?

Jose said...

Ryan said the judges wouldn't comment until after the second song, then before the second song was sung he asked the judges for theri input, kindda confusing and too much to handle for Paula. But, I am probably the only fool that likes paula, her off the wall comments and constant ramblings are funny to me. They don't care what she or Randy say anyway, they only care about Simon's comment. To me, Idol without Randy, Paula, Simon, or Ryan wouldn't be the same.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants