Wednesday, April 09, 2008

TOP EIGHT

So I'm trying to catch up with yesterday's American Idol, the theme was inspirational songs. As I watch Michael Johns I had to agree with Randy and Simon, he kindda did a good impersonation of Aerosmith. Although I like the song I didn't find it that inspirational. Then Jason Castro whom has disappointed me the last two weeks comes and sings one of my favorite versions of Over The Rainbow. He was smart enough to not allow the judges to compare him to Katharine McPhee by singing Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version. If you have never heard his magnificent rendition take a minute and check it out.



Syesha sang pretty good, I rally like her but I don't like her song choices, they are too big for her and I still think her days are counted. I hope she survives though. David Cook, Carly Smithson, I just didn't care for them this week and Kristy Lee Cook, is like a cat, she seems to have many lives. I really like her performance this week and believe it or not I wish to see her again next week.

David Archuleta sang one of my favorite songs. Robbie Williams' "Angels", this song was sung by Yuridia in "La Academia" a Latin version or spin off of American Idol and made an already famous song even more famous. Jessica Simpson sings it and it's also a pretty awesome version, and oh yeah I sing it too. LOL -- David's version will be popular too, the last verse is the most powerful and David was smart and played it safe as he left it out. Brook White, she is our home town girl but still not my favorite. I am really curious to see how America voted and who will leave the show tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

IZ has always been a favorite of mine. :)

Michelle said...

David Cook who is one of my favorite so did not impress me! Syesha's song was too big for her. I didn't like Michael Johns at all. David Archuleta... is awesome, enough said. Kristy was ok but no one compares to Martina... and I just don't like her. Carly... eh she can go... still not too fond of her. And I still love Jason no matter what! He did good this week too. Finally back to himself. Did I miss anyone?

Bottom Three: Michael Johns, Syesha, and Kristy Lee Cook

Michelle said...

Oh yeah! Brooke White. Forgetable... as you can tell since I forgot her. LOL

Jose said...

pendoodles - Yes I remember when you posted his video over at bix. I liked it since.

michelle - I think we are pretty much on the same boat. I think they are all good singers, but nothing special has popped out yet, and it's sort of boring. Where is Sanjaya when you need him? lol

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Very sad.

Chely said...

I had never heard this version of Over the Rainbow. Maybe because I don't watch many movies.

Thank you for posting this video of Yuridia. I LOVE this spanish version and her interpretation!!!

Even though I have never watched La Academia (Spanish American Idol)
I have become a big fan of hers. I have all three of her released CD's and love them all.

Besitos,

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants