Monday, April 28, 2008

El Treintanero

When you are a guy and complain that your two younger sisters had a big "Quinceanera" celebration and you didn't. You may be asking for more than you can chew. You just may get your wish 15 years later.


My son turned 30 and had a big birthday party thrown by his favorite girls: Mom, wife, and two younger sisters.





In keeping with the "Quinceanera X 2" theme. His mother in law baked these big and delicious sugar free pair of cakes, they were very delicious as they were very pink. lol




As you can see, he had his court of honor. His two sisters and their husbands somehow got "dragged" into this, no pun intended. lol
Then, last but not least he made his grand appearance to the eager and awaiting crowd outside.



Pretty much most of his family and lots of his friends came to join in the celebration. Here he poses with his two best friends and his brand new son.


So there it is, fun was had by all. As always the food cooked by his mom ("mi chica") was delicious. Ummmmmmmmmm que rico!. The cake baked by his mother in law was really, really, really good, I say this and I am not a cake guy. I think the sugar free part helps a lot. And the company was the best.

I said it before and I'll say this again. To know my son is to love him. I just hope he doesn't complain anymore because when it comes to our girls, they outnumber us and they are not a force to be messed with.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

There's the pictures! I was waiting for them. I think we had tons of fun! And the best part was that Juan was truly shocked! He had no idea. And how cool for us to get his friends to come and join us. Just goes to show you how much my brother is loved!

Looooove the picture of Rocky, Juan, Scottie, and Juanito.

Chely said...

Those pictures are hilarious=D

It figures you guys would come up with such an ingenious idea!

So, did you have the tradiotional "photoshoot with the Quinceanero"?

I wanna see!!!!

Any video of his initial reaction???

I wanna see!!!!

Erin said...

Those pictures are great!!! As always my friend - you have just THE best family ever :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, pink cake & all, I love it! That's a great surprise birthday.

My mom never had a quinceanera either, so for her 80th birthday she had an ochentanera. She planned it all & said it was like her eulogy, she wanted the party before she dies, not after. (The memorial celebrations in our family usually turn into somewhat of a party)

That baby is adorable!

Wanda said...

What a blast!! You have a fun family Jose !!!

Tara said...

That picture of everyone in sunglasses is just priceless! :)

custom trains said...

It's not the worst thing in the world to be outnumbered.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants