Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day


Mother's day sure is a nice day to celebrate. To take one day of the year aside and dedicate it to the moms in our lives is great but I believe that everyday of the year should be a mother's day.

Sure us Fathers are also important but I'll be the first to admit that us Fathers are not even close to being in the same league Mothers are. Moms beat us in every sense of the word hands down.

I for one have no idea how my mom, a woman of little schooling and little education has made so much more than we will ever do. You'll figure that a 75 year old woman would now depend a lot on her kids while in reality it's the other way around. My father was great but a lot of his greatness was due to the fact that he had my mom behind him every step of the way.

Again, I don't think I am in the same league my dad and mom were,but with the aid of "mi chica" we are surviving just fine.

So it is with the utmost respect and admiration to the girls in my life that I write this post in hopes that not just today but every day of the year they somehow get the feeling that Mother's Day is an everyday affair. So to my mom, my wife, and two daughters. Along with my four sisters and daughter in law and all of you my friends out there in blogland that are moms I wish you all have a fantastic Mother's Day.

4 comments:

MrManuel said...

Yes, Happy Mother's Day to all and Mother's should also take this day to appreciate the fact that they are Mothers. Something that gets forgotten at times...

Chely said...

Que tierno. Muchas Gracias.

Besitos tronados,

Tu hermanita Chely

Anonymous said...

Gracias mi amor. You make it feel
like "Mother's day" everyday for me and for that I love you

Your, Chica

Anonymous said...

That was very sweet! But then again, you are truly one of the nicest most giving men I know in blogland... heck, in real land too :)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants