Wednesday, June 25, 2008

ChrisJ -- Doorways #3

I took over a thousand images during our trip to Mexico. Many of these pictures are from places we visited. A huge amount of these images are from landscapes, some from interesting things I saw including many churches.

The following picture shows the entrance to the church in Santa Maria, Guerrero.



The church is there ready to be used, unfortunately Santa Maria doesn't have an assigned priest. When someone requires a mass they have to bring a priest from a neighboring town.

Well, my friend ChrisJ from FLAMBLOG is a regular visitor to my Arizona... But it's a dry heat! blog and she asked me if she could copy this image. She does miniature drawings and she just started a series called "Doorways".

Below is her rendition of the image I took of the church.


This church is taken from one of Jose's posts on his blog "Arizona... But it's a Dry Heat". It wasn't easy to do as my white Prisma-color does not show up at all well and the church is mostly white.

It is now part of my series "Doorways " and it is #3.

~ChrisJ

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Well, that is a great redition from Chrisj....she is so talented.

I am really excited to put your "Steps" into watercolor.


Your photo's are an artist's delight!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful!

Elena said...

Fide, preguntale a Chris si habra alguna manera de conseguir alguna copia de la capilla de Santa Maria, le quedo fabulosa, como dice Wanda su talento es inegable. Me gustaria ponerlo en un cuadrito, seria un bonito recuerdo. Please.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants