Monday, August 25, 2008

Brianna's Party


Brianna turned 7, wow how did that happen. She was just born and now in a blink of an eye she is seven. Her birthday was on Friday the 22nd and this year for the first time she had her own birthday celebration. On prior years it had been combined with her sister's birthday which falls sometime in October so normally mid September was the happy medium for their party. I am glad that now that they are older they each get to have a celebration for their birthday.

Juan Diego Jr's birthday was the following day, wouldn't you believe he is 1-year old already. Now his party will take place in about three weeks.

So, back to Brianna. My son and his wife invited us to a swimming party at their house, except everyone forgot to let me know it was a swimming party so I didn't take any swimming trucks. My son and nephew volunteer to let me use some of theirs, which I immediately agreed but my son is a 3X while my nephew is a 2X, I opted for the smaller of the two but two of me fit in any of them. I pulled on the string as hard as I could until I chocked my stomach and for the most part did OK, but some of the dives I performed were kindda trying to pull the trucks out. What an ugly show that would have been. No worries, the trunks stayed in place and I survived just fine and managed to have lots of fun in the process.

As always we had a great day full of family, friends, food, and fun.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I said the SAME thing... can you believe she's 7 already? Wow.

Anywho you forgot to mention how wonderfully planned it was and how cute the decor was because your talented daughter made all the invitations and decorations for the party... and how her brother and sister in law think she's awesome.

MrManuel said...

Yeah, I am sure your whole family didn't want to see you come out of your trunks!

Jose said...

michelle - Excuse me, the post was about my little princess Brianna.

mrmanuel - Luckily I didn't have to file that in the Hall of Shame. It was as if by magic but the trunks stayed put. lol

EnchantedPixie7 said...

You notice Raul wasn't diving, right? He had on the 3X's and they were falling off him. :0

ChrisJ said...

What a beautiful photo of Briana! One to cherish for many years I think.

Chely said...

Happy Birthday Brianna!!!

I hope this first single celebration is a memorable one to you.

Besitos,

Tia Chely

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to beautiful Brianna!!

Glad the swim trunks stayed on ;)

Betty F said...

Happy Birthday Brianna! What a cutie. Parties in August, at the home of a "Pool Owner" in AZ are ALWAYS pool parties Joe.. Or they are when my nephew Scott is around, even in December. :) You've got beautiful grand children.. My Makayla turned 7 in April, started Second Grade this year.. It happens so fast, doesn't it?

Jose said...

enchantedpixie7 - Hey but we made it work, didn't we.

chrisj - Isn' she beautiful, then again she is so photogenic that I love every single picture we take of her.

chely - I am pretty sure it was, she had a ball. When my brother in law and his family come for Thankgiving Weekend they get in the pool, by that time for us here in Phoenix the water is too cold.

erin - LOL believe me I was gladder.

bettyflocken - In Arizona pool parites are the only way to go.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants