Wednesday, August 27, 2008


ChrisJ did it again. She took one of my images and turned it into another great mini painting. This occasion she drew an image I captured while in Santa Maria, Guerrero Mexico. The view is from the kitchen looking out to the porch. We were visiting my godfather and his family. My godfather whom also happens to be my mom's brother lives in the house my grandpa built many years ago. My mom along with the whole family helped my grandfather erect the house which is entirely made of adobe. I had not been there in 40 years so I was pretty amazed that the house was still the same as I remembered it.

To see the original picture just CLICK HERE.

To see more of Chris' paintings CLICK HERE


These are the tree paintings Chris has done from my pictures, I hope she continues to find inspiration and images worthy of her time from my files.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So, the plan is to get away from Phoenix if only for the weekend so... we are traveling to beautiful Southern California on Friday to go visit friends and family. We plan on leaving as soon as we get out from work to make it early enough to have our beloved and very tasty Rambo's Tacos (or sopes in Michelle's case) as soon as we get to West Covina. We figure we should be there a little before midnight if not earlier.

Every time we go to California we have a party to attend to so the itinerary is always closed, but this time we just want to go for the fun of it. Maybe we'll hit the beach, I know mi chica definitely wants to go to The Garment District in Los Angeles and walk the alleys, I will probably visit the local Harley Davidson dealership to see what's new. It's good to go with an open agenda and just fill it in as we go. It should be lots of fun and I'll share with you some of the highlights when we come back.

I know I'll find many photo ops to share with you. I don't know if I'll have access to a computer while in LA so I may or may not update but for sure we'll be back in Phoenix on Monday.


I borrowed this picture from the Internet but our final destination in West Covina is only five minutes away from here.

11 comments:

MrManuel said...

Those paintings are great!

Enjoy our wonderful state of California this weekend!

Crystal said...

Hey! That picture is by Moms work! =)

Can't wait to see you Tio!!

Jose said...

mrmanuel - I am sure we will have a great time.

crystal - Can't wait to see you either. I know you are at your dad's but make some time to come and visit us. Love ya!

Unknown said...

those are beyond beautiful.

Chely said...

1) The painings are heartwarming.

2) Make sure to arrive early enough to go Karaokeing=D

3) For an unexpensive outing, come to my house - There is a Jacuzzi waiting for you guys that's nice & warm all year long;)

4) Hey, that's the parking lot across the street from my work.
LOL - They have the BEST genuine Fish Tacos there! We should go and have some!!

I can hardly wait to hang out with you guys.

Besitos,

Chely

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Love the paiting of the dude! I remember that image and recognized it imediately!

Jose said...

amy - I agree with you, Chris is very talented and her miniature paintings are alwasys very pretty.

chely - That's another way to feel Chris' art. We will do everything in our power to be there early, hopefuly we'll make it in time for karaoke. I googled West Covina and that image came out, I recognize Glendora Ave anytime. I love the way the San Gabriel mountains look in the background.

chad - "The Dude" was the second painting she did of one of my images. I too like the way it came out.

Betty F said...

I THOUGHT I recognized the illustration from Chris' blog! Beautiful... both of them! We're going to Southern CA this weekend too.. It's Izzy's 3rd B-Day Party... Not the big Feista that her Abueallas (sp) gave her big sister in May.. This one is at the "Anglos" house! Just Kidding! But we'll have a great time. Sadly we're driving down Saturday and coming home SUNDAY.. Paul works late Friday and early Monday. Have a great weekend. Drive carefully!!!

Jose said...

betty - I hope you have a great a safe drive and a great time too. We have done that in the past where we leave on day only to come back the next but hey, if the celebration is important we are there. This time we are going just because.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous - I would love to getaway to Southern California... of course that would mean driving for like 4 days, lol.

Have a great time, be safe and enjoy!!!

Michelle said...

Yay I can't wait! I can taste the sopes... and maybe I can finally see Tia Chely's house... never been there.

I love the paintings too... they're so cute!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants