Wednesday, September 10, 2008

THE PERKS

So now that you know how I feel about football and all organized sports for that matter here is the big irony. Being a warehouse manager has it's perks. I get entertained, wined, and dined a lot and as I was writing my previous post I received an email from one of my trucking company reps. Basically the email was an invitation for mi chica and I to the D-Backs game on Sunday, an outing such as this includes a hearty meal at a nice restaurant. Well this Sunday is my grandsons first birthday party so I had to politely decline the invite.

As I kept writing my post another email came through from his boss. This one said "How about the ASU game on Saturday? We are meeting at Z-Tejas at 5:00 p.m. for booze and dinner". Now that's the ticket, that actually is right up my alley so since mi chica works on Saturday and she gets off at 5:00 p.m. I called my son and asked him if he would go with me. "Are you crazy dad?" was his reply. Cool then pick me up Saturday at 4:00 p.m.

I get a lot of this invites throughout the year, they range from D-Backs games, to ASU, Suns, and even NASCAR events and even though I don't like sports I do enjoy this outings immensely, they are always fun and the seats are good. To me that's the side of sports I like. Even for me it would be dumb to say no to such outings.

NASCAR has turned out to be our favorite event, last time we were there we sat at a suite, ate and drink all day long, got to watch the start from the roof, and walked the pits for the first time. Now, if they could only take me to watch a Cardinal game, the stadium is only five minutes away from us and yet I have never been in there. I hear tailgating is also a great sport, lot of arm exercise lifting those beers and still I have yet to experience one. Maybe this year.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants