Thursday, October 02, 2008

Kicking It With Judd


Mi chica and Judd Nelson. She said "dude, you look taller on TV" but mi chica will make everybody look tall, including me. I always tell her that she is the perfect size for me. LOL


"Are you enjoying yourself baby?" Is what I asked mi chica while we were walking in and out and around the Harley Davidson of Glendale dealership. We were taking advantage of the sales while enjoying watching all the bikes that came and went. Bikers are the coolest bunch of people if you give them the chance, even the hard core bikers and we just sat there basically people watching and in my case drooling while admiring all the great rides around me.


This is one heck of a pretty ride. I love the Low Rider look.


California's style of bike and bike fashion is not the same as it is in Phoenix. Yes, there is the standard black leather jacket and chaps over worn out Levy's but in California every group of bikers have a different look. The Chicano look is totally different from the Anglo and the African American look. There is a certain uniqueness to each group.


Mi chica and I at the world famous "Rock Store" in the Santa Monica mountains.


While we are sitting there by the sidewalk this guy with scruffy hair and kind of homeless look is crossing the street, he looks at me and smiles and semi waves, mi chica looks at me and asks, "Do you know him?" Sure, I say, we are great pals, you may remember him from "The Breakfast Club" and so many other movies. She looks at him and yells, "Dude, you look taller on TV". He comes over and shakes our hands and is gracious enough to pose for some pictures. After a short conversation we exchanged goodbyes and he went on his way. His bike was being serviced as he too was doing "The Love Ride" the following day.

Judd Nelson has been around for a long time and has had a very successful movie and TV career, but if you ever meet him in person he is just as plain and common as you or may be.

And you fought being a biker was not exciting. Actually there is never a dull moment once you get involved. I'm going to be doing a series of this posts as a way to sike myself into getting my Fatboy back on the road.


The Harley V-Rod is a hot bike but it's just not my style, I must say I look cool sitting on it.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

You are cool :)

Anonymous said...

Judd Nelson is awesome. I had a crush on him after I saw the Breakfast Club in the 80's! Cool you got to meet him. And yes you do look awesome on the bike!

Anonymous said...

Hi i am kishore and i have a blog with good traffic, shell we have link exchange.

Chely said...

No se, pero yo te recuerdo mejor cuando te gustava tu Kawasaki. Nunca me he podido acostumbrar a verte en una Harley.

Pero lo importante es que te gusta a ti. Asi es que hechale muchas ganas y te hecho porras para que la arregles y pronto te veas rodeado de esta gente tan interesante y buena onda.

Besitos

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

If I wasn't a coward, the V-Rod would be my ride. You look cool sittin' there Joe!

Tara said...

I'm so envious...I love Judd Nelson! :)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants