Sunday, October 05, 2008

SATURDAY

So close and yet so far, by the time Erin called it was almost 9:00 p.m. She didn't realize that the trip from Laughlin to Phoenix would be so grueling (normally a 5-hour drive) and by the time they got to their hotel she was too tired. She was only one hour away from us but this was not to be our time to meet.

So, our weather is still hot but for some reason on Saturday we had cloudy skies and temperature dropped a bit. I was still in bed at around 11:00 a.m. when my brother in law and his four kids showed up at the house. Normally they let us know when they are coming but this time it took me totally by surprise. Once a year he comes here to play baseball, I guess his team had been playing all week long but this year work did not allow him to come for the whole tournament so as soon as he got here after a 5-hour drive from West Covina, California he headed for the City of Peoria to play his game. Five hours later he came back with the good news that his team won and that they are playing tomorrow (Sunday) for the championship. I hope they win.

Mi chica has been bombed out since Friday when she received some pretty bad news about one of her coworkers. I may come up with a post on that but in the meantime suffice to say that lives and dreams were shuttered in a matter of seconds.

Wishing you all a good rest of your weekend, and here's to hoping the Cardinals win tomorrow.

2 comments:

Chely said...

Too bad that you and your friend were not able to meet. Awwwww:(

Congratulations to Raul's team!!

My prayers go out to your Chica's coworker and family and I'm sending a hug to her too.

Anonymous said...

I was so sad too - I didn't know it was an hour drive for you - and I figured it would be much too late when you arrived, and then had to drive an hour back home :( It really upset me to be so close and not get a chance to meet with my favorite blog friend. I honestly was in bed about 30 minutes later and was completely exhausted from all of the driving and see Caitlin - it was just a really really long day. Soon though I'm going to be back - I loved it there! And I will even do that trip again, just to see you :-)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants