Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tube Times

As the season comes to an end most of my shows will go on hiatus, I stuck to all the shows I've been watching, none was dropped and no new ones have been picked, here is what been burning my tube:

Our telenovela "Fuego En La Sangre" is going strong. Granted sometimes it gets too cheesy and sometimes it's just plain stupid but at the end of the show it's all good and we are left wanting more. Vengeance, love, three brothers, three sisters, an evil mother with a equally evil husband, killings that go unpunished, and just plain ol' every day situations. This novela has it all, great characters, a good theme song, and plenty of action. In a nutshell it has all the ingredients of a good telenovela.


Prison Break, this season has me sittin' on that couch every Monday night. Everything is too far fetched, nothing that could happen in real life I think, prisoners doing what a super highly trained military team should be doing, is unlikely to happen in real life but heck on TV if works just fine. Scofield, Lincoln, Sucre, Sarah after three seasons we are all in a first name basis. This show is really good and it too leaves me wanting for more. Next Monday sometimes doesn't come soon enough.


"Knight Rider", are you kiddin', it was tagged as a cheesy show with bad acting, but the star of the show has the script pretty much learned. Yep, I am talking about the Mustang, the unmistakably throaty engine sound is music to my ears, no GM car sounds as good as a Mustang sporting "X" pipes. I am a Ford enthusiast so I don't mind the shameless amount of Ford commercials that are embedded into the show. This past Wednesday they even showcased the brand new Flex and the awesome 2010 Mustang. But if you gave this show a chance, then you probably already found out that it isn't too bad and it has plenty of action.




Same night, different channel, one of the best shows I've seen in a while.







"Sons of Anarchy"
is a show like many others that is full of violence. It's actually about a group of people that are outlaws. Selling guns, killing, betrayal, and in the midst of all this, they insert love, friendship, brotherhood. Yeah, it's totally wrong and totally addiciting. Can't wait for season two.




"Ugly Betty", well it's the same but different. Betty continues to be ugly, working for the same guy, having different love interests, not moving ahead in the corporate ladder and yet in most situations she runs the whole show without getting the credit. I totally dropped this show last season, but picked it up again this one and it is just a fun warm show to watch. I think it will be picked up again. Oh, and thanks for getting rid of Lindsay Lohan, thankfully she was no match for America Ferrera.





"La Rosa de Guadalupe" This show is shown Thursday and Friday nights. It's a one our complete story and it's all about faith and the belief and devotion that most of us Mexicans have for our Lady of Guadalupe. If you believe in miracles and or like to hear about miracles this show is definitely for you. Obviously each show has a happy ending.








"True Blod" Vampires, shape shifters, mind readers, all coexisting with humans, how can a show like this be boring. This show is wickedly good, I saw the pilot show and immediately got hooked.


So... What's on your tube?

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Ugly Betty is my FAVOOORITEE! I never miss an episode.

That novela cracks me up. I love making fun of it, and mom gets mad every time lol

Jose said...

crystal - Ugly Betty is still a fresh show to watch, I do enjoy it al lot. Oh, and I did say the telenovela is cheese didn't I? Still, it's a pretty cool show to watch every night.

Michelle said...

Ok... so the only thing we have in common is Betty. I haven't missed an episode EXCEPT the ones where Mr. Mead dies and Santos dies. Great. (I did the same thing on the OC... I missed the episode where the main character Marissa dies and they have her funeral)... Geez. Why do I always do that?

Anywho I love that show and dvr it every week so I can watch when the kids are fully in bed.

Anonymous said...

I'm sucked in by House. I watch all the new ones, and the reruns... and the reruns of the reruns.

I dig me some Iron Chef and 30 minute meals cuz ya know I'm such a busy girl and all.

Weeds on Showtime ranks pretty dang high... but it comes on so many times during the week, that I'm not committed to any particular night.

My favorite of favorites is Burn Notice... I will not miss an episode. Yay! New season starts in January.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants