Saturday, November 22, 2008

Weekend Review

So the temperature dropped a little bit more but we still managed to have a great karaoke night over at Manny's. It was weird though because the place is always full of people and on Friday it was empty by 8:30. Considering that they close at 10:00 it was a very slow night. I attribute this to 1) People are saving what little money they have for next week and 2) The economy is just bad and people will have to skip a few nights out.

Today I decided to go drop mi chica to the "park and ride" parking lot in Glendale where she would ride with her coworkers. I kept the van so I could go and sell all those aluminum cans that we had collected. Well, I did and I got a whopping 8:00 for them, ummmm the last time I took the same amount and got about $12.00. I a think they are payin less for them too.

In the afternoon I was to go and picked her up at 5:30. I did and she surprised me with a little stowaway. Yep, my granddaughter Brianna was with her and she was to spend the night with us as "punishment" for acting up with her parents. Of course the punishment included lots of hugs and kisses and we also took her to her favorite Mexican restaurant and bought her as per her request a cheese crisp with a side of guacamole. Ummmmm, carne asada burritos for mi chica and I completed the meal, and to drink a couple of very cold orchatas.

The plan is to bring her sister next week and give her the same attention. Talynna, is normally well behaved so for her we will bring her with us as a reward. Ummmm, no matter what they always win. Yep, our job as grandparents is very tough... Not!

So, tomorrow we will celebrate Talynnas 8 birthday. Her birthday already passed but her party will be tomorrow. Mi chica already started cooking and I believe my son is getting carne asada. Ummmm! Again, that is a winning menu, we can never go wrong with carne asada.

I hope you all have a great rest of the week, and for my friend Betty, a prayer and hugs go out to you. I hope you come out the hospital fast and that you feel better.

5 comments:

ChrisJ said...

Jose if you only knew!!... my TV fare is so blah!! How about Jon and Kate plus 8; Animal cops; It's me or the Dog; and probably some "Law and Order".

Such an exciting life I lead!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jose I forgot your email addy at home.
Please email me at bozettetc@yahoo.com or lana@raffy.us
I am here in AZ if you want to get together for coffee please email me and I will give you my cell number.
Hugs
Lana

Anonymous said...

Awesome party plans!!! Love some carne asada tacos, my kiddo just made some the other night for supper.

Anyways, have a beautiful week, Jose!

Chely said...

Que castigos tan terribles!!!

LOL=D

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to have my grandbaby over!! Waiting for her to be born is like an eternity! :)
PS I want some carne asada tooooo!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants