Monday, November 17, 2008

The Economy

Ah! Much, much, much better. This is what I'm talking about. What gas shortage? What supply and demand? We all knew that gas prices were being gouched for no reason at all other than to break our wallets and to get their pockets full.

I went into the gas station with a nearly empty gas tank and I came out with a full one and all for $23.37. Yep, almost half of what I was paying two months ago. By the same token mi chica and my daughter went shopping and they bought a ton of kids clothes which will make a bunch of nice Christmas presents for less than half the original price. They spent somewhere around $62.00 for what should have been possibly over $150.00.

See, we are all scared about the economy and we should, but if everybody flat out decides to not go out and spend we will really be in deep doodoo. Stores are willing to sell even if it means making a very small profit. It's obvious that a small profit is better than no profit. So, this is the time to go out and browse to see what the stores are offering. We don't need to drive businesses out of business. I for one prefer to support my local stores and keep the area that I live in alive.

So, within the limited spending means we may have this year, have a happy bargain Christmas shopping season. If you can't or don't have the money to spend, don't worry, Christmas is not about the presents but about love and goodwill.

4 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Yep, fill up my truck for $1.85 a gallon today...still high to an old dude that used to pay 35 cents for it, but much, much better.

Michelle said...

OH man on the way home right now Jr and I stopped at the gas station to put gas in my little car... 16 bucks gave me 3/4 of a tank and I was COMPLETELY passed E... LOL! I was amazed!!!!

Anonymous said...

Amen about what Christmas really is!!!

And rather than costing me nearly $100 to fill up the beastie... last time only cost me $47.

Yay!

Anonymous said...

oh believe me... I'm going to be looking for some bargains ;)

Gas is still higher here than other places - $2.09 - but I'd take that anytime over the $3.79 I was paying not too long ago!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants