Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Meeting a Fellow Blogger

This is my friend Lana a.k.a. "Bozette"


I have been blogging since June of 2006 and since that time I have seen many bloggers come and go. Some stay for a long time some disappear almost immediately after making an appearance and some are kindda intermittent, one post a month is sufficient for them, in my sisters case it's two per year (Yes Elena I am talking about you). lol

In looking at the comments I see I used to have many readers that for a long time commented here and then without notice they stopped. That is the beauty of blogging, you constantly meet new friends. Notice I use the word friends because even though I don't know anyone in person we know so much of each other than eventually real friendships develop.

So, out of all my original blogger friends (I'll call them the OGs)there are three that are still active. I read their blogs daily and at this point we have branched out and actually exchange emails. The first one to find me and approach me was Mushy (not his real name), then came Bozette, and then EC (Erin).

Well, yesterday was a very special blogger day. Last week I received an email from Bozette telling me she would be in Phoenix for Thanksgiving. We immediately made plans to finally meet in person. Bozette comes from Beaver Dam, Wisconsin so I didn't want to miss her.

Last night we finally met. My daughter Michelle (also a blogger)and I went to Peoria/Glendale were Bozette was visiting her sister, and got to meet not only her but her mom and sister's family, whom by the way are fellow bikers, now how cool is that?


In case you were wondering why the name "Bozette", well let's let the picture tell you the tale.



We had planned to go and have some coffee so we went to a local Starbucks to have some lattes. Mi chica met us there later and joined us for some coffee and great conversation. The funny thing was that I truly felt I already knew Lana a.k.a. Bozette, it did not feel like I was meeting with a stranger but to use her own words it felt like I was meeting with family. I guess it is true that we are a family of bloggers.

Yes, it was exciting indeed. Meeting a fellow blogger friend, was totally a highlight of the year for this blogger. We spent a good two hours sitting there outside Starbucks, enjoying some great Arizona weather and exchanging interesting stories. So, next year when she comes and visit her sister she also knows that she has another family member (namely me) that will be waiting to hear from her and wanting to see her again.

Lana, it truly was great meeting you and I am honored to be your friend.


"Joe Cool" and "Bozette"

9 comments:

Chely said...

Wow! How that sounds real cool!

I'm happy for both of you=D

Anonymous said...

I'm Mushy's neighbor (well kinda)... We're in the same region of TN and we'll be meeting up for beer and wings at some point this holiday season.

Mushy is how I found your blog... we're all just one big, happy community!!

It's super cool to get a chance to meet up with people that you practically already know, lol :)

MrManuel said...

Funny, speaking of old blogger friends, I am back...

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Bozette...man those early shots bring back some memories. She was one of the first regulars I ever had. Talked to her once on an online marathon one night!

I still lurk around for her photos too!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome that you got to meet her!!!! I didn't know her name was Lana... puts a whole different look on her doesn't it, lol.

Really, I couldn't be more thrilled for you!!! Sounds like you had a fabulous time!

Oh and if I don't see you tomorrow - Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Jose said...

chely - Thanks, it was a nice meeting and obviously great to finally meet her in person. Bozette is from Milwaukee in case you were wondering.

catscratch - I figured that's how you found me. Yeah, Mushy and I go way back now. lol -- Hey, we shall too meet one day, and we will find a karaoke place to go sing our hearts out.

mrmanuel - Hey, welcome back. Two weeks was too long. lol Hey we do go back a long time too. Too bad our friend "Battle Rocker" dissapered on us. I hope he is too busy being a lawyer.

mushy - She does take some great photos. She told me she would be posting more often as she is staying home these days.

erin - One day we too shall meet. I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving weekend too.

Michelle said...

Yes it's extremely cool to meet internet friends. Great friendships can form that way... I know firsthand.

Bozette was fun to hang out with! Thanks for inviting me and treating me to Starbucks.

Now let's go to Wisconsin in the Spring!

Anonymous said...

Wow Jose I just finally got to read this.
I loved meeting you and your Family.
I had a GREAT time.
The weather was AWESOME.
I am back home now and it is snowing. But I am glad to be back with hubby.
I will for sure visit again you and your family are great.
Oh by the way hubby loves the pen. He asked if he could have it I said yes. LOL
Big Hugs to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Let me tell you. Some of my best friends, i meet them first on xanga. And now, i meet them as often as possible. It´s real friendship. Thanks for Bloggers, Xanga and all the other pages.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants