Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend.


As expected our Thanksgiving Day gathering went really good. Mi chica did most if not all of the cooking and everyone else brought a plethora of sides and desserts, it was all good and we all enjoyed it very much. They decided on a buffet style meal so no sit around the table being all proper, this was more of a everyone for yourself and seconds and even thirds is totally fine because you'll be the one serving yourself. You know what it worked for me, and for everyone else because not one complaint was logged in the complaint box. Oh wait there was no such box so maybe that answers the question.

My little family is not little anymore, it took two turkeys and a ham to feed us all, when I see us all together like this the word multiplicity comes to mind. Last year we had fourteen socks hung on the pseudo chimney a.k.a. the entertainment center. This year we have added one more. Yep, the family just keeps growing and growing and growing, like the Energizer bunny... oh wait that was going, going, going.

The biggest surprise this year was that my brother in law came from California totally unannounced and that brought tears to mi chica's eyes. In the past all her other brothers used to make the trek with the kids but starting last year they could not do it anymore as the kids grew and now due to work and stuff like that they can't get the time off. Yeah, having her brother here really highlighted her celebration.



So, I invited any and everybody that wanted to go to Manny's for karaoke and many took me on my word. We had an area reserved for us and in the end we needed additional chairs. We had a blast singing and even my 5-year old grandson sang a song in Spanish. Awww, takes after his grandpa.



So all in all, the weekend has been great, we kindda forgot a little about the hard times out there these days. I have relatives that have had their hours cut down at work and others have lost the job altogether but you know what, one way or another we will survive, we always do. That's the beauty of being poor, we are kindda used to it and we know how to make do with what we have. Anyway broke and all, my daughter and daughter in law took advantage of some of Black Friday's sales and went to buy presents for the kids. I think they did pretty good. Kids don't need to know about parents having hard times. Their times will come when they will have to face the music themselves.

I did take some pictures but have not been downloaded yet so feel free to come back later and check them out, I will insert a few soon as I can. Also we are planning on going to "Glendale Glitters" we should also have a great time there which most likely I'll share with you all later in the week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!!!

I'll be back for pictures!

Unknown said...

i love to read about your family and how much you love them. so glad you had a great holiday..

Jen - Queen of Poo said...

I'm here from Catscratch's place. What a wonderful way to spend the holiday, surrounded by family and singing karaoke. I love karaoke! :-)

Michelle said...

Yup fun and tiring!

Anonymous said...

2 Turkeys and a Ham??? Wow - she really outdid herself :-) It looks and sounds as if you had a wonderful time!!! Ah, the pleasures of a large family!! One day I swear I'm going to make it to one of your big shindigs :-)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants