Monday, December 01, 2008

La Epidemia


I really don't know what happened but a lot of my family members got sick over the weekend. At first I thought maybe the food at Manny's was the culprit but when my son called us and told us they were sick too I knew that was not the case because they were not with us on Friday. My daughter was already feeling the bug as was my son in law.

My brother in law visited from California and the poor soul spend half the time on the couch passed out, then my sister also from California left on Sunday afternoon and didn't get home until midnight. First because the traffic was bumper to bumper when she got to Palm Springs and second because she started feeling sick to her stomach too. Well today mi chica had to call in sick too. Can anybody say epidemic. lol

But even with all this, the food was cooked, we all ate, we had fun, we got together, we visited more relatives, the majority of the presents were bought, we had a karaoke night at home, we were invited to eat the best home made enchiladas this side of the border, we worked on our Christmas cards, we mailed Christmas cards, so all in all, it was a fun productive weekend but some got sick.

My daughter started hanging Christmas decorations, she claims that soon the house will be a fabulous winter wonderland. Ummmm, we'll see if that's true. When and if that happens I will share a few images with ya all. So, as my daughter says, don't be "fun suckers" and get with the program. The spirit of Christmas is pretty much alive and it has arrived. I really hope you get it too.

13 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Uh, I don't believe that one little bird fed all those folks!

What a house full!

Nothing like family on holidays!

Crystal said...

Lol I love the fact that there are TWO Juanitos and Two flower vases in this photo!

Either way, it looks awesome =)

Jose said...

mushy - It was two birds and a ham and a lot of desserts. Family on holidays yes, but I enjoy mine year round.

crystal - You noticed! The vases are fine, there are actually four but I created a twin for Juanito. I was going to redo the panorama but decided to leave it like this to see who would notice. You my dear niece are very observant. lol

Chely said...

"I love the fact that there are TWO Juanitos and Two flower vases in this photo!"

I had to enlarge the photo to see what Crystal was talking about. Oh! I see the 2 Juanitos! But Crystal, just so you know, there were 2 flower vases. I saw them when I was there. It isn't a photoshop effect.

See picture below with 2 Turkeys - LOL=D

Jose said...

chely - Four vases, there are four vases on the table. lol It seems we posted at the same time but I hit the publish button first. So, what time did you leave Raulito's house, I heard you got home at midnight?

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is one large family you have ;)

Michelle said...

Yes sick is not fun. I still say it was all Alayna fault and her germs!

Good weekend.

And there are 4 vases! LOL I know cuz I decorated.

OH! And I totally would have a "winter wonderland" or a "santa's workshop" by now but we have no lights for our tree!!! Can a parental kindly buy some for me? Please and Thank You!

Jose said...

erin - This is only my little nucleus, all the rest of our family gathered at my sister's house.

michelle - I don't think it was Alayna's fault because I would have caught it too. I carry her more than you. We'll see about the lights later, you could finish everything else though.

TLR said...

Hope all are felling better, and glad you all still had a good time

Betty F said...

OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY! Isn't it wonderful with so many. Love those turkeys on your last post too!

Betty F said...

OH P.S.!! Sorry you all got sick though!

Ade said...

La divercion y el estar unidos en familia es lo que importa.
Ade.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I figured that...just pulling your turkey leg!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants