Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Christmas Party

This coming Friday the company that I work for will hold it's annual Christmas Party. It's nice to see that even though business has been slow they still found a budget to throw the party. This year it will be held at The Pointe Tapatio Cliffs Resort in Phoenix. I am glad that this year the party came earlier, normally it's later in the month.



There are two all expenses paid trips raffled every year. One to Hawaii, and the other a 5-day Mexican Riviera Cruise. In eighteen years I have never won, and many of the newbies have. Will lady luck come knocking on my door this year. Yeah, right.
Anyway, most of the trip winners soon leave the company, so I guess I rather keep my job. lol








Hawaiian trip, Mexican Riviera Cruise or bust!







I am really looking for a Christmas Season full of family unity. Most of us are broke, some due to scarce jobs and some because we are living above our means but always say that Christmas is not about the presents or the money, but about family and love. I am so fortunate to have both of those key ingredients, so I know my holidays will be pretty nice.


The Real Meaning of Christmas
A Christmas Poem by Joseph P. Martino Copyright© 2003

Two thousand years ago the King of Kings was born.
'The Lamb of God' later made to feel the thorn,
If his words are accepted and not scorned,
They will make us all reborn.

Though God's grace, Joseph and Mary presented
A gift to the world that day, which we can all repay,
by living the ten commandments each and every day.

Try to remember and keep in your heart and mind
Jesus' gospel while here on Earth,
Redemption not a life lived in constant mirth.
Peace on Earth, good will toward man
Everyone should try it, whenever they can.

The Lord gave us the option and choice of 'free will,'
Now it's up to us to fit the bill.

So when you’re Christmas shopping for family and friends,
and money is tight at both ends,
Remember that the greatest gift of all,
Is your love of Jesus in the manger stall.


We all like to give a gift to show how much we appreciate a particular person, but your gift doesn't have to be expensive. Actually, it doesn't have to cost anything at all. So here's a list of some of those wonderful free gifts. I'll leave them to you as food for thought.

The gift of listening

The gift of a smile

The gift of a compliment

The gift of a letter

The gift of a favor

The gift of solitude

The gift of laughter

The gift of time

The gift of love



On the other hand, if you are swimming in money and want to go way opposite, then you can give me a new Mustang, a new Harley, and for mi chica, diamonds, diamonds, and more diamonds. Oh, and you can also throw a designer purse or two, I hear those are real useful.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I love designer purses... those are useful. If you come into some money... throw a camera my way. Or maybe just give me good credit so I can go to school.

Jen - Queen of Poo said...

Oh, I hope you win a trip, that would be so cool!

We're pretty broke too and going for the family unity and fellowship theme for Christmas this year too (and every year!)

Anonymous said...

Hi there, i keep my fingers crossed for you. Jose, the winner of the year 2008 ;-)

The Christmas Party is really early, we have one next year, in January. Why? Then we have more time. The other one, from our company is this month. Only our department will have breakfast together.

Hugs, Tina

Jose said...

michelle - I figured you would say something like that about the purses. A camera? Nope, I alrady gave you one.

jen - Keep your fingers crossed. Feloship sounds good to me too.

tina - Hey, long time no see. lol Thanks, yeah keep those fingers crossed, it would certainly be nice to win. I hope your Christmas party is great too.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants