Friday, December 12, 2008

Merry Christmas Darling

One of my favorite Christmas songs of all times is actually a little sad. A friend of mine posted it on bix and that made me go and listen to the original on youtube.




I am sure that I am not the only one that feels Karen Carpenter left us way too soon. So many artist good and bad have sang this song but I really don't think anybody even comes close to this version.

So many people that are in the service will most likely relate to this song but in my case it makes me appreciate the fact that mi chica is with me at all times. I know we are blessed that way, we are indeed lucky to have each other, to support each other, and to love each other. In addition, we also have the joy of having all of our kids and grandkids around us. So I guess I can say I love this song because it makes me realize how lucky I am to have so much.

Today is Friday and I am excited that it is karaoke night, however I am losing my voice to this weather change. It's like just last week it was summer and today winter is here. Man we don't get fall at all, we go from summer straight to winter, yeah pretty much "Do not pass go, do not collect $200". But we'll see, with a little luck and a shot of tequila my voice may just come back. What? You didn't know tequila can be is medicinal like that. Ummm try it, you may like it. lol

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

merry christmas to all of you

Michelle said...

Never heard that song before... it's a little before my time I suppose... but pretty cool.

ChrisJ said...

We really miss Karen Carpenter too. What a great voice.

Jose said...

luckylady - And a Merry Christmas to you too.

michelle - It definitely is before your time but let me let you in a secret, the Carpenter's music is some of the best. It really is timeless, you should get aquainted with their music, it's easy you can just youtube them.

chrisj - Indeed it was.

TLR said...

OMG Jose that is one of my favorites also

pendoodles said...

I'm sorry i've not stopped by earlier to wish you a Happy Holidays. We have been down, depresseed and I had jury duty. Wishing you the best ever Holidays now. }}}HUGS{{{

Jose said...

TLR - It is a great Christmas song isn't it?

pendoodles - Thank you Pen for the good wishes, know that they are reciprocal. I know you been through a lot and I do hope the new years get a lot better for you.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants