Monday, December 15, 2008

Our Weekend

Yesterday was the last show of the 2008 instalment of the "Star of Wonder Celebration of Christmas" at Phoenix First. My daughter in law wanted us to go but neither mi chica nor I felt like going out at all so we handed the kids the keys to the van and sent them on their way. It was the last day they would be performing and of course it was packed. In fact it was so packed that they had to wait for the next show. I know for them it was worth the wait because Phoenix First puts out a great production.

In the meantime mi chica and I enjoyed a whole Sunday by ourselves without the noise of the kids and were able to watch Christmas movies all day long. I am sure by now most of you know that I am a serious Christmas movie watcher. lol

My daughter was supposed to turn our living room into a Christmas Wonderland since the day after Thanksgiving but apparently the lack of Christmas lights prevented her from doing so. Well, yesterday while they were out and in a matter of minutes mi chica finished what my daughter started. Every year she sets her dinning room table and it always looks wonderful.

My daughter had already hung the stockings and and put up decorations now the only thing that needs to be finished is the Christmas Tree. Yes, she now has lights and the tree should finally be lit by tonight. I wanted her to finish last night but my grandson had asked her to wait for him because he wanted to help her.

That is what Christmas is all about. Doing things together as a family. The presents are nice but the memories we can build together are better.

As always I will be posting some pictures of our little Winter Wonderland or in this case Winter Living room just as soon as the tree is up and lit.

A frind of mine forwarded this performace to me via an email and I liked it so much that now I will share it with all of you here on my blog. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Thank you for cleaning the chandeliers so Mom could do the table... and thanks to Jen for lending us the lights! Now our Winter Wonderland can be complete.

And I should have a post up soon about the show sometime this afternoon... right now I am too lazy and would like to watch a Christmas movie.

P.S. Diego is having a Christmas show at school on Wednesday... time TBD... wanna go?

Anonymous said...

Hey, Joe Cool! I'm here with my Battle of the Blogs vote for you on Monday morning... good luck! Glad to see you back on BlogExplosion these days.

Given the topics you seem to post about here, I'm wondering if you would have any interest in contributing to my Roxy's Best Of... community of local blogs (http://www.roxysbestof.com) as the host (whenever you feel like posting about your favorite restaurants, shopping, art and culture) of Phoenix and elsewhere in and around Arizona. I've been covering New Jersey for about six months, and have added names you'd recognize from BlogExplosion in San Francisco (Jason Buckley), Detroit (Matt Urdan/Michigan Rafter), and Austin, Texas (Erik/Truth & Beauty). No pressure, we all just post to the site when we find something great we want to share with others in the online community. One day I'll have a revenue model that includes local advertising with a share to participating local bloggers. Please check out the site (www.roxysbestof.com), let me know if you're interested, and I'll set it up for you.

Thanks, and happy holidays!
Roxy

Unknown said...

oh a whole day to watch christmass movies, how awesome

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants