Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Dance


As a grandfather I feed on the stories my daughters and son tell me about their kids as they remind me of days gone by when I was in the same situation. Whether it's my daughter Nikki showing us Ducky's... Oops! Pardone moi Loyiel Eduardo Jr's Christmas performance, or going to see Brianna and Tallyanna perform at their schools recital, those are the moments that grandpa and grandma will always cherish.

Kids do the darnest things, some are shy and some are not. Some are afraid to let go and some will just go. I remember a long time ago when my son grabbed my leg and wouldn't let go on his first day of kindergarten, as a matter of fact this is a story that has already been told in this blog at least a couple of times so I won't bore you with it again. Listening to my favorite country music radio station I hear a song by Darius Rucker that totally reminded me of that day.

The song is called "It won't be like this for long". And the second verse goes something like this:

Four years later bout four thirty
She's crawling in there bed
And when he drops her off at preschool
She's clinging to his leg
The teacher peels her off of him
He says what can I do
She says now don't you worry
This will only last a week or two


Here he is singing about a she, but it could have easily be my he. If you are curious about how the complete song goes then CLICK HERE!

So while on the subject of music and sons and daughters and grand kids and the things they do, let me tell you about what went on yesterday. With St. Valentine's Day just around the corner my grandson Diego invited his mom to a mother/son dance at school. Boy was this kiddo excited about it. He got all dressed up, he got his hair done in his now trademark Mohawk, he allowed me to spray some of my perfume all over him, and little dude was ready to go and boogie.

Now I don't remember my daughter or son for that matter doing the prom thing so to me this was pretty close to that. So... I got my trusty camera and captured a few images that I will now share with you here.

To read the mom's point of view of this CLICK HERE!



1 comment:

nikkidaarling said...

Ew, dad, I went to prom!! They might not have, but I did! AND i got ready at YOUR HOUSE!

-sniff- you don't remember the finer things in life D:

;D

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants