Monday, February 27, 2012

Timeline

Well, here I am again with a new book in hand. As I said before, this will be the year that I get back into reading. I used to read so many blogs that book reading sort of took a back seat but now it's time to pick it up again. So far so good. Here's my list thus far:

So far this year I have read:

The Broker by John Grisham
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
In The Name of Honor by Richard North Patterson

I am reading:
Timeline by Michael Crichton

What's on your reading list? Have you read any of the ones I’ve read?



I went looking for the first book of "The Hunger Games" trilogy but found out that all the copies they had at the library were out and that way too many people had put holds on them already so I did the next best thing and just announced it on Face Book that I wanted to read them and for someone to send them my way. My nephew sent me a reply saying he has all three of them and will gladly lend them to me. So, yey! Score!

Not wanting to come out of the library empty handed I picked up "Timeline", a book by Michael Crichton. He is one of my favorite writers and I have read many of his novels.

The first one was "Rising Sun" followed by "Disclosure". I enjoyed both novels so much (By the way, eventually both became movies)that I started reading more of his books. So far here is a list of the ones I have read, all of them fiction books:

The Andromeda Strain
Rising Sun
Disclosure
Eaters of the Dead
Congo
Sphere
Jurassic Park
The Lost World
Jurassic Park III
Airframe
State of Fear
Coma

Out of these books most have been turned into movies: The Andromeda Strain, The 13th Warrior (Eaters of the Dead), Congo, Sphere, the Jurassic Park trilogy, Coma, Rising Sun, and Disclosure. Twister is an awesome movie which I happened to catch first so I never read or will read the book, and as soon as I finish reading this one I am going to try and find me a copy of the movie. The theme is too hard to be put into film so I am curious to see how well hollywood did on this one.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants