Monday, October 08, 2012

My Weakness!

I am sitting here realizing that finally the grueling Phoenix summer heat has finally subsided and that it's time to start shedding those few pounds I gained during the summer. The morning weather is great for walking so I think I need to start my routine again, my goal is to once again be able to wear my belt in the last hole, not to mention it is healthier to be slimmer is it not?

Did you know that a good life and good food equals a few extra pounds? No? Well, all you have to do is look at me and that theory clearly will come to light, but when you are blessed with a bunch of great cooks in your life as I am it is hard to bring yourself to say "enough", and in my case if the cook happens to be my mom and I tell her enough she says "no entiendo" and packs my plate full of nothing but exquisite food and since I am blessed to have my mom around to cook for me and to actually know she enjoys cooking for me saying "no" in that context is non existent.

I guess when it comes to food the bottom line is I AM WEAK and it truly is very hard for me to say "enough is enough" and much less to say "no". Who out there can say no to a "mole rojo" or to a "carne asada" or to "chiles rellenos" or "cochinita pivil" or "tinga", and the ever delicious tacos. Ummm que rico! (can you tell I am Mexican?).

So I wonder, what is your food weakness? Something you almost never say no, something you sneak so nobody says anything. You all know mine is tacos, God know I have posted this fact a million times, I swear if I don't eat tacos on a regular basis I'd probably go on withdrawals.

So the goal is simple, I don't see myself not eating anytime soon so I must compromise and learn how to balance eating and exercising so I can stay healthy, I am 53 years old and still not on any medications but then again I haven't visited my doctor in over a year so that may change soon, then again maybe not. In the meantime as long as there are great cooks in my life and they keep cooking delicious dishes for me I will continue to let them spoil me as yes I am weak, weak, weak, but with a full stomach.


And apparently I am not the only one that can't say no to tacos.



1 comment:

Wanda said...

Sweets are my downfall.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants