Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Beach Cruiser


I know now my bike is a Huffy.


You all may remember that I used to walk during my lunch hour. It used to be a nice two mile 35-minute walk around my work but here in Arizona and specifically in Phoenix all of a sudden is like the city remembers that it's charm and personality reflects in being a desert and when the three digit temperatures make it's appearance walking at noon is pretty much out of the question.

About a year ago I was at my father in law's house and I noticed he had a nice bike hanging from the wall just gathering dust. I always meant to ask him if he used it and finally last week I did. He said, he was not using it, he bought it because it was nicely priced and thought he may use it but the truth was it had been hanging there unused.

I offered to buy it but he said that I could have it if I wanted it. He said it had a flat tire but other than that the bike was in excellent condition. So, last Sunday he brought it to me and let me tell you this bike is pretty awesome. I have no idea if it is old or new but the look of it is pure classic beach cruiser. (Since I am in Phoenix I'll dub it Desert Cruiser)


I had my son in law fix it the following day and when I came home I took it for a spin. I was totally surprised to find out that even though the bike has only one speed it goes pretty fast. The seat is super comfortable and I get absolutely no pain on my knees. The beach cruiser bars are positioned high enough that again the ride is very enjoyable and I am going to make it a point to ride almost every night around the neighborhood for at least half an hour if not more.


One of the reasons I like riding a bike and wonder why I don't do it more often is that I get so see and appreciate what’s around me, landscapes automatically pop up at you and when the bike looks this good I even catch jealous stares. It should save some money if you run small errands and it's fun to ride alone and with the family. One of the biggest effects is that it should keep me fit and healthy. I am really looking forward riding it tonight.

I am hoping to get into shape; I am kindda tired of the current shape I'm in... round.


I do hope I loose some weight riding this bicicle around the neighborhood. Now tell me, is it or isn't it a cool looking bike?


Totally unplanned this bike is pretty similar to the one I saw at Costco last year that I really liked and didn't buy because it was $175.00. If you don't remember that post or are a new reader to my blog then click here to refresh the memory.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Yes it is a cool looking bike! I wish I could ride around with you! It was great excerise when we used to do it together.

ChrisJ said...

Yes, Joe Cool, that is one cool looking bike. We once thought about buying bikes but everywhere around us is down hill which is fine until you want to come home!

Tara said...

I love Huffy bikes. I use to have one when i was a kid with a banana seat that was bright pink :D

Enjoy your time with it!

Anonymous said...

You are FAR from round my friend!! But it is good to get into shape anyhow :-) Happy riding!!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants