Saturday, January 16, 2010

Another Busy Saturday


So, today I woke up at 7:00 a.m. got up and was ready to start my day. So far I don't mind waking up this early on a Saturday I had a small "to do" list and I tackled it first thing in the morning.

First order of business was to make me a cup coffee and sip on it while I checked my emails and facebook, then the house cleaning started. I have cleaned the house somewhat but had not mopped in about a month so today was the day. Now it smells clean with a hint of pine sol.

My daughter got tickets to the Home and Garden show so we planned on going except the van decided to have it's brakes totally worn out to the point where it sounded like metal was rubbing metal. Not too good a sound when you press on that brake pedal. So I called my father in law and he agreed to come and fix them but he couldn't give me a specific time.

I went to pick up my daughter as I told her that even if we didn't go to the show her and ducky could spend the day with me. When I came back 45 minutes later I found my father in law already working on the brakes. Luckily they were covered under the life time warranty so I didn't pay for the replacements, but I did have to dish out a hundred bucks to replace the very worn out rotors.


It didn't take him long to install them so by 2;30 p.m. we were on our way to the fair. We spend roughly about three hours there and must have walked quite a few miles, bought a couple of gadgets and came back with many dreams and ideas of how we would like the house to look.

Immediately after coming home we left for my sister's house. Her husband and daughter were celebrating their birthdays and they had carne asada, chicken, and an array of sides such as rice, salads, beans, etc, etc, etc. All good stuff. As always the house was full of family and an endless amount of little ones running around.

I was already too tired from running around all day so I decided to bail and came back home where now I'm relaxing, blogging, and sipping on my coffee.

While we waited for my father in law to finish with the brakes, my graddson "Ducky" and I played catch for a while.

.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds productive! I spent my entire day cleaning just ask Diego. I am paying for it now. My back of hurting so much I can barely move or walk... ugh.

Nikki Darling said...

'look grandpa! CANDY!!'

Chely said...

Sounds productive and exhausting! The food sounds great. I want some!!!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants